Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Slip-covers: Inspired by the wonderful Mary Rosaleen!

So, I made these two slip covers for some REALLY ugly, horrible scratchy poly-somethin pillows I had. Aren't they cute? I'm not sure I'm quite sold on the red patch on the one, but I love the ruffle on the other. And it was sooo quick and easy. I did it during nap time and was done before the kids got up!


The Yellow (which I got from Ikea and love; it's so bright and cheery!) and green I already had, I'm discussing the other two.

(for some reason I can't rotate this picture...tilt your head.)



Adding the ruffle was the hardest part. I guess there might have been an easier way of doing it, but I just pinned the fabric first at the ends of the ruffle to the first layer of the cover and then in the middle and then in the two middles and then in the 4 corners, etc. till it was stable enough to sandwich the second layer (or other side) of the cover on top and sew.


See, so here is what the cover looks like inside out. It's one square piece of fabric and two rectangles that are slightly larger than the square so that they overlap in the back. So fast and easy!




Weren't they so ugly before...I'm almost embarrassed to show you...









1 comment:

Rosie said...

Nicely done! I think they're cute. Also, I have two pillows that look exactly like your "before" picture, just waiting for me to commit to some fabric and spend the (very little) time to make them new covers. I also have two more ugly pillows that are dark brown instead of tan. lame.